Feedback, Concerns and Complaints from the Community

Living Waters Lutheran College is committed to working with all members of the community in a manner which upholds the importance of building and maintaining positive relationships. Effective communication between staff and parents is essential for student success.  

The College welcomes feedback from all members of the College community.  

We welcome your compliments if we are doing something worthy of praise. We also welcome suggestions on how we can improve.

We take complaints or concerns that may be raised seriously. See our full communication and complaints handling policies below:

Communication Brochure (between Staff and Parents)

Parent/Staff Communication Policy and Procedures

Complaints Handling Policy

Managing Child Safety Incidents or Concerns

We understand that by listening and working with our community to solve issues we improve and grow. Effective complaint handling benefits the reputation and administration of the College.

What is a Complaint?

A complaint is an expression of dissatisfaction made to Living Waters Lutheran College, related to our services or operations, or the complaints handling process itself, where a response or resolution is explicitly or implicitly expected.

Complaints About Child Safety

The welfare and best interests of the child are paramount. Whenever there are concerns that a child is in immediate danger the Police should be called on 000.

Complaints about child abuse, grooming or other harm, or other breaches of our Child Safe Codes of Conduct, relating to conduct by:

  • current or former staff members
  • current or former students
  • other people on College premises or at College events

are managed differently from other complaints. They are of utmost importance. If your complaint is in relation to Child Safety, you are asked to send your complaint directly to the Principal or phone the Principal on 0433 583 114. If the child safety complaint relates to the Principal, then the Chair of the Board should be contacted.

Informal Complaints

The vast majority of issues causing concern in schools can be handled quickly and in an informal manner. We therefore ask that, where appropriate, you first raise your concern directly with the relevant staff member. It is acknowledged that this will often be the teacher of a child. Usually you should see:

  • class/course teacher in the first instance
  • further advice can be sought from the Year Level Coordinator or Head of Learning Area

How Do I Make a Formal Complaint?

If you have been unable to resolve a matter informally, or simply wish to make a formal complaint you can:

  • provide details of the complaint via our online feedback form TELL US;
  • send an email to; or
  • write a letter to the College addressed to “The Complaints Manager”
  • telephoning the College and asking to speak to an appropriate staff member. This could be the Year Level Coordinator, Head of Learning Area, Head of School, Business Manager or Principal or the College’s Complaints Manager.

Child Friendly Complaints

Students are very much encouraged to make their complaints known. It is important that students feel empowered to participate in decisions that affect them. Teachers work with students to ensure they are aware of their rights. They can talk to a teacher or another staff member they feel comfortable with, the Family and Student Counsellor, the Chaplain, the Head of a Learning Area or Year Level Coordinator or Head of School. They may also access our child friendly complaints form, either online or writing.

The Role of the Director General

The Director General of the Department of Education is responsible for ensuring that the College observes the Registration Standards, including the standard about its complaints handling system. Any student, parent or community member is entitled to contact the Director General with concerns about how the College has dealt with a complaint. Information is available on the Department of Education website. 

While the Director General may consider whether the College has breached the Registration Standards, they do not have the power to intervene in a complaint or override the College’s decision.